Kids of STEEL Program
Kids of STEEL teaches children the positive relationship between exercise and nutrition. During the course of four months, students will:
1. Complete a marathon (26.2 miles) with the option to run the final mile at the Toyota of Pittsburgh Kids Marathon.
2. Try new fruits, vegetables, beans and nuts each week.
3. Learn the benefits of setting a goal, training and achieving that goal.
4. Track miles and food tastings on a training log and turn it in for a finishers prize to recognize their achievements.
KOS not only benefits the participants’ health but also that of all children in the school. Once a school has 50 students registered for Kids of STEEL, the school is entered into a random drawing to receive a $1,000 grant toward their school’s Physical Education program.
During the training period, Kids of STEEL schools have the opportunity to take part in contests such as:
• Kids of STEEL Tasting Contest where students can win an in-school food tasting
• Pen Pal Contest where KOS classrooms can become pen pals with a professional runner from our American Development Program.
Kids of STEEL can be done as an individual or as part of a school or organization. If you are interested in signing up your school or organization please contact Katie Pavlich, Event Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.