Six New Companies and Two Existing Partners Will Offer Memorable Experiences for Runners During the 2018 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon Weekend of Events
PITTSBURGH - P3R, one of the nation’s premier endurance running organizations, is pleased to announce new partnerships with Peoples Gas, Chick-fil-A, Wabtec, Bayer, Chipotle and Isaly’s for the 2018 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon. These partners join P3R’s robust portfolio of over 50 partners that includes DICK’S Sporting Goods, UPMC Health Plan, FedEx Ground, Brooks Running and Toyota, to name a few. These deals will not only help to make the 10th Anniversary celebration of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon the biggest and best one yet, but they also ensure race weekend will continue to thrive for years to come.
- Peoples Gas, the largest natural gas distribution company in Pennsylvania, is a passionate advocate for sustainability practices. P3R is proud to welcome Peoples as the Official Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon Greening and Sustainability Initiatives.
- Chick-fil-A has signed on as an Official Partner of the Toyota Pittsburgh Kids Marathon and will also sponsor the Chick-fil-a Saturday Finish Line Festival. Chick-fil-A is a family owned and privately held restaurant company that is devoted to serving the local communities in which its franchised restaurants operate.
- Wabtec Corporation is the leading supplier of value-added, technology-based products and services for freight rail, passenger transit and select industrial markets worldwide. The company is also the new Official Safety Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and will help P3R to make the health and safety of race participants, their families, spectators, volunteers and event staff our number one priority.
- Bayer, a global enterprise with core competencies in the life science fields of healthcare and agriculture, has signed on as an Official Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and the Volunteer Program.
- Chipotle, which now operates more than 2,400 restaurants nationwide, has signed on as an Official Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
- Isaly’s, the iconic Pittsburgh company known across the U.S. for its chipped ham and whitehouse cherry ice cream, has signed on as the Official Ice Cream of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
- GEICO, a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States, will create meaningful activations throughout race weekend as an Official Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon. Most notably, runners can ring the GEICO PR Bell located at the Finish Line Festival at Point State Park to celebrate their best race ever.
- Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, the most awarded wine brand in the United States, will return as the Official Wine & Bubbly Sponsor for the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events. Barefoot will offer more tastings than ever at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health & Fitness Expo and coordinate race day specials with local restaurants along the marathon course. Additionally, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly will now be an Official Partner of the post-race foot massage room.