How the virtual race will work
Submit Your Time Here
- If you’re registered for the virtual race, you can submit your time here and we’ll give you as long as you need to finish. Remember, you can run whenever, wherever, but we know everyone is in an unprecedented situation - we’ll keep the site open for as long as our runners need it! If you forget to submit your time, don’t worry - if you’re registered for the event, you’ll get credit for running it!
- Our Operations Team worked to create some virtual course options, which you can find in the Strava app and on this page. Please note: this is just where we are housing the maps; runners are not required to use Strava to track their virtual race or submit their race time.
- We encourage EVERYONE - runners, spectators, EVERYONE - to not just USE, but also FOLLOW our event hashtag: #MOVEPittsburgh and engage and encourage your fellow runners via social media. We all find ourselves in an unprecedented situation, and we know that it’s a lot easier to make it to your own finish line - wherever that may be - when you have the support of your fellow runners and the City of Pittsburgh right there with you, even if we can’t all be there physically. The P3R team will be there with you every step of the way on your virtual race, and we can’t wait to see your pics with your medals when you cross your own personal finish line!
- If you’re not already, be sure to follow @pghmarathon where we’ll be sharing your runs and helping to motivate you to your finish line!
- P3R plans to ship ALL of your race gear as soon as it is safe for us to do so!
- If you are running the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Virtual Marathon, UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Virtual Half Marathon, or the FedEx Pittsburgh Virtual Marathon Relay, we’ll include your custom Knockaround sunglasses in that same shipment!
- If you are participating in the STEEL Challenge (running in the UPMC Health Plan / UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh Virtual 5K Run + the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Virtual Marathon, UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Virtual Half Marathon, or the FedEx Pittsburgh Virtual Marathon Relay), we will include your STEEL Challenge medal in this shipment, too!
- If your child is participating in the Chick-fil-A Pittsburgh Virtual Kids Marathon OR the UPMC Health Plan / UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh Virtual 5K Run as part of a school or community’s Kids of STEEL team, you will receive your shirt, medal and finisher prize from your team’s coach or by mail. If your child is not running with a Kids of STEEL team, your items will be shipped as soon as it is safe for us to do so!
- When you submit your time, you will receive a finisher’s certificate. To get your finisher's certificate, you will need to click on your name on the results page after submitting your time.
- When it’s safe to do so, we will host mini finish line festivals throughout the Pittsburgh area where you can get your photo taken with our finish line!
Ready to run your virtual race? Print your race bib!
You can now print your 2020 DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon virtual race bib. Just select your virtual race below, print, and fill in your name! Want to save some paper? Take a screenshot and fill in your name on your phone!
Virtual Race Bib - 2020 DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
Virtual Race Bib - 2020 UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon
Virtual Race Bib - 2020 FedEx Pittsburgh Marathon Relay
Virtual Race Bib - 2020 UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run
Virtual Race Bib - 2020 Chick-fil-A Pittsburgh Kids Marathon
Virtual Race Bib - 2020 Sheetz Pittsburgh Toddler Trot
Virtual Race Bib - 2020 Pittsburgh Pet Walk
Virtual Run Safety Tips
P3R is not responsible for your safety while running virtually. We suggest that all runners follow recommendations as provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- These are not closed courses. Please be aware of your surroundings and use crosswalks when crossing roads and look both ways. Obey normal traffic laws.
- Plan for your run. Water fountains or sources may not be available along your route so please come prepared. If you are planning to run the marathon, please bring your choice of salty snack.
- Bring ID in case of an emergency.
- Notify someone when you start your run and then when you are done. Let them know where you are running.
- If listening to music only use one earbud and leave your other ear open to listen for potential hazards.
- Check the weather for the time you plan on running.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing.
- Call 911 with any emergency right away.
- Lastly and most importantly, use common sense and listen to your body — don’t overdo it.