Date: Sunday, May 4, 2014
Please check at a later date for more information on registration and race details.
The UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon course offers runners an exciting course which crosses Pittsburgh's three rivers. This course is surprisingly flat and fast!
Runners will race on the North Shore of Pittsburgh, cross each of the three rivers in Pittsburgh and travel through the South Side before and into the streets of downtown Pittsburgh to the finish line.
- USA Track and Field certified course
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, baby joggers, strollers, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course
- Headphones (iPods, mp3 players, CDs, tape walkmans, radios, etc.) are discouraged
- Fluid and medical aid stations are positioned along the course
- Water and Gatorade will be offered at every fluid station
Course Time Limit
City streets, police offices and support are contracted for specific times and cannot be extended. The following chart indicates road closure times per sector/mile and time limits per mile based on the time available for runners before the roads re-open. Some easy points to remember - all runners must be to the Birmingham Bridge by 10:20 AM and Half Marathoners must be at Mile 12, Forbes Avenue at Jumonville, by 11:00 AM.
If you cannot adhere to the scheduled time/pace per mile listed on the schedule, you will be asked to board a sweep vehicle that will take you to relay shuttle drop off area on Grant Street which is several blocks from the finish line. If you refuse to get on the vehicle, you must move to the sidewalk so traffic can resume. If you choose to continue after the course has reopened, there will be no medical support, fluid stations, or course marshals at intersections, and the course will no longer be marked. Participants after that time will not be guaranteed a time or medal.
- No refunds or deferments of entry fees
- Minimum age for Half Marathon: 16 on May 4, 2014.
- There is no wheelchair division for the Half Marathon.
- Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2014.
All finishing participants will receive a finishers medal.
Click here to view the 2013 prize purse.
- Cash awards are based on gun time not chip time.
- Runners can only win awards and/or cash prizes for the event they are officially registered in.
- An athlete can be awarded prize money in only one category.
- Overall and Master category winners are not eligible for age group awards.