Earn Your Title: Runner of STEEL! Join us for the 6th annual DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events May 2-4, 2014. Take a tour of the "City of Bridges" with course entertainment featuring music by the mile, multiple neighborhood festivals and plenty of cheerathoner groups.
Quick Tips for 2014
- Sunday events (marathon, half marathon and marathon relay) will start at 7:00 AM. Participants must adhere to at least a 13:42 per mile pace throughout the race. Marathon participants will have a 6-hour time limit and half marathon participants will have a 3.5-hour time limit.
- Sunday event participants must pick up race packets (race number, shirt and goody bag) at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo on either Friday, May 2 or Saturday, May 3. Packets will NOT be available on race morning. Visit the Expo page for more information.
- Saturday participants (5K, kids marathon and pet walk) can pick up their packets at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo on Friday, May 2 or before the race on Saturday. Please note that Saturday pick up locations vary by event; check the specific event page for more information.
Safety is our top priority and we work year-round with city safety officials to plan a safe and fun experience for everyone involved. To help ensure a safe race experience, the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon encourages all spectators, volunteers and runners to be aware of their surroundings.
- If you see a suspicious person, object or vehicle along or near the race course, please report the sighting to 9-1-1 or notify nearby law enforcement personnel.
- Do not store, hide or leave any personal items, backpacks, packages or clothes along or near the race course, including the start and finish line areas and Point State Park.
- No backpacks, duffel bags, bags (paper, plastic, etc.), hard or soft coolers or purses larger than 8.5"x11" will be allowed inside the start line or finish line perimeters. Please see "Permitted Runner Items" below for a list of allowable items.
- Runners will NOT be allowed to bring or carry bags into the start line corrals.
- Only registered runners with official race numbers will be permitted inside the start line corrals. Runners must enter the start line corrals through designated entrances.
- Runners may not switch between corrals once they have entered a start line corral.
- Runners must use clear bags provided at the Expo for Gear Check. Each bag checked must have the proper runner race number attached to the bag. Details will be included with the Gear Check bag at the Expo.
- All bags must be checked into Gear Check prior to the start of the race. Gear Check bags will not be allowed into the start line corrals.
Permitted Runner Items:
- Camelbacks and/or fuel belts will be permitted, but will be subject to inspection at the entrances to the start and finish line perimeters.
- Military runners carrying Ruck Sacks must contact the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon office to register the bag's contents. All bags are subject to inspection.